The contest runs from January 10th through March 20th, 2019
The theme of the contest this year is “Spring”
First prize: A week holiday at Three Rock Writers resort οn the island of Crete
Three prize winners: publication in anthology, handmade ceramic gift, certificate, complimentary copy of the anthology plus a week holiday at Three Rock Resort with a discount 50% from the regular cost (non obligatory)
Shortlisted stories: Publication in anthology/ Free copy
Judge: Gregory Papadoyiannis
Collaboration: Eyelands.gr (online literature magazine) & Strange Days Books (publishing firm)
Entry fee: 10€
RULES OF THE CONTEST
* Theme of the contest: «Spring».
*Entries must be short stories, of any genre, maximum length is 500 words and must be previously unpublished in a book, printed magazine or web-based journal. Entries must be in English
*This is an international contest. There is no restriction such as nationality etc of the author, but you have to be 18 years old on the 11th of January 2019 to enter the contest –unless there is a parental approval.
* No “eyelands” editor, judge, or relative of theirs, is allowed to enter.
* Entries must be submitted electronically (see below).
* Winners and the short list to be announced on June 10th, 2019
* Copyright of manuscripts remains to the author.
* In addition to the story being published on http://www.eyelands.gr, the author’s acceptance of the prize gives eyelands.gr the right to include the story in the anthology that will appear in book form. Entry gives permission to include the three prize winners and the shortlisted stories in the book which will be published and will be available from “Strange Days” publications.
*Each writer may submit as many stories as they wish, provided they pay a separate entry fee for each story, but only one story of every writer may be included in the short list
* Simultaneous entries are allowed (same piece of work simultaneously entered in other competitions) but you must alert us if your work is placed as a winner or runner up, and your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
You may voluntarily withdraw your entry from this competition by request via email.
You as the author will retain copyright, but you must allow us temporary and exclusive publishing rights for our anthology if requested.
Withdrawn submissions (for any reason) will not be refunded.
You may be disqualified if any of the rules are not followed. We will accept corrections to your work from 10th of June till 10th of July.
All prize-winners and shortlisted writers have to renew their approval for the publishing of the anthology till the end of August 2019.
PRIZES & HONORABLE MENTIONS
– First prize is a week holiday at Three Rock Resort, situated in Triopetra beach, one of the most magnificent places of Greece at the south coast of Crete island,) is a studio for 2 persons. Air tickets not included.
First prize winner can choose his/her preferred week of his/her stay in 2019 or 2020 except for the dates between July 1st – August 25th.
Three more prizes will get a free copy of the book with the winning stories of our contest & a certificate & a Greek handmade ceramic designed especially for the contest from the collection of Artifacts Clayart.
There is also another offer for the three prize winners: a week holiday at Three Rock Resort with a discount 50% from the regular cost (the offer is non obligatory).
All the shortlisted stories (number according to the submissions) will be published in an anthology. The book will be released through “Strange Days” publications and www.amazon.com in October, 2019. All the shortlisted writers will also get a free copy of the book! The anthology also include the first prize story translated to Greek.
All the shortlisted writers will have a special discount in case they will submit a book for the Eyelands Book Awards 2019 (25 instead of 35 $)
ENTRY FORM AND PAYMENT
Pay via paypal – See the banner in eyelands Home Page.
Click the «buy now» button. Fill the description with: Dreams
Entry fee is 10 euros
Τhere is also the option to make the entry payment via bank/wire transfer. If you choose this option please ask for further details
* After the payment is complete, you can send an e-mail with your story attached in word doc /docx format to:
writing in the subject line: Eyelands Flash Fiction Contest or EFFC
*An email confirmation that your entry has been received will be sent within three /four days of receiving your e-mail.
*We don’t accept postal entries
* Name, nationality and address of the author are to be submitted in a separate attachment accompanying the entry.
ABOUT THREE ROCK & TRIOPETRA BEACH
Τhree-Rock is a unique studio with a design that combines a touch from the ’60s with the current look and you can also find all the necessary amenities of a modern tourist accommodation. Designed to accommodate two to four people, the studio is one very large furnished room of 70 sq.m., (with a separate bathroom) with a lot of space which allows you to cook, dine, relax all day if you want and can simply and easily be tailored to your taste. The studio has a large terrace (about 25 square m.) at the front, facing the sea, and a back terrace facing east with a view to the hills. The distance from the beach is just 250 meters.
According to several guidebooks and websites, Triopetra is one of the most beautiful beaches in Crete -and Greece. But it remains a beach that is not known to many people. It has fans (from Greece and abroad) who visit it each year and their number is increasing steadily. Still, it remains a kind of unexplored paradise. Guests are able to enjoy a beach that is never crowded, even in the heart of summer, as the length of Triopetra beach is about two kilometers! The beach is an undiscovered paradise, has restaurants, a cafe and a beach bar as well as (free) umbrellas and lounges for those who prefer them. Triopetra beach is also known for yoga courses delivered during the summer months in the surrounding area. Triopetra is situated at the very centre of the island (south part) and that means you can see many interesting places (like Phaistos, Agia Galini, Matala, Preveli) in relatively short distance.
LINKS, WEBPAGES, BLOGS